You might be surprised to find out, the co-founder of ReplyAll.me, Zach Abramowitz, came up with the idea while working as a lawyer at a biglaw firm. During an interview with Bloomberg Law, Abramowitz defines ReplyAll.me as ‘blogcasting’, a combination of blogging and podcasting. He compares it to having a panel at a conference speaking on a specific topic in front of an audience, or having a radio host discussing a topic with a radio guest live on the air. The conversation is live, between key people, for others to tune into and watch unfold. People can even jump into the conversation by adding their own comment! Watch this video to learn more about ReplyAll from Abramowitz:
If you haven’t yet heard of ReplyAll, learn about what makes ‘ReplyAll the Next Big Thing in Online Communication’. Check out a few ReplyAll conversations to wrap your head around the idea:
Blogging is Becoming Social
Lawyers have long been aware of the benefits of blogging. Since Lawyers are great writers, they’re able to produce quality content. However, over the last few years, even the blogging industry has evolved. It’s becoming more difficult to create new content that isn’t already out there or find new ways to spark engagement on a topic. Ultimately, the blogging industry has been shifting to become more social. Here are 3 clues of this fact:
- Blogging is now happening on social media such as Facebook where blog topics are being discussed with friends and family on a personal or business page.
- Commenting systems, like Livefyre, are syncing to social conversations and pulling these conversations right onto the blog post itself to ensure the conversation isn’t lost.
- Video blogging is becoming increasingly popular among technologically savvy businesses, including lawyers and law firms. LegalTube.ca is proof.
It’s important to embrace technology as it evolves to ensure you’re techniques aren’t becoming outdated, potentially costing you followers. ReplyAll is a great way to spark interest on your blog again.
Why Lawyers Should Use ReplyAll
Lawyers have a specific audience: potential clients, or fellow legal professionals. Use ReplyAll to spark discussion around a topic with these audiences. Invite your co-workers or fellow industry professionals to your conversation and ask for their input on the topic. Ask your potential clients what questions they may have about your area of law and answer these questions for them in a ReplyAll conversation. You could have weekly discussions on new topics with new cast members to keep it interesting. The opportunities are endless!
Let’s start conversing with and discovering Canadian legal professionals! Have something you want to add to the conversation? Leave your comment below and I’d be happy to address it with Zach, Ari, and Samantha.
Photo Credit: SplitShire.
Natalie brings a passion to the business that ensures the entire LawyerLocate.ca team strives to improve the service for both lawyers and the general public. To that end, she is committed to ongoing communication with our members and welcomes and relies on clients’ input to continually evolve the service to make it better for all.
Latest posts by Natalie Waddell (see all)
- LawyerLocate.ca’s #Clawbies2016 Canadian Law Blog Nominations – December 17, 2016
- Canada’s #1 Legal Referral Service is Coming to the UK! – January 29, 2016
- Facebook Glitch Displays How Popular Your Posts Are – October 16, 2015